MENTORSHIP PROGRAM – 2016
KABA Mentorship Program Description
KABA’s Mentorship Program is designed to create mentorship “families” which connect law students, junior attorneys, and senior attorneys. The program is intended to:
- Foster relationships among KABA law students, entry level attorneys and more experienced attorneys, providing the student with a variety of perspectives on law school, the bar, and the practice of law; and
- Foster relationships between more experienced attorneys and entry level attorneys who may be new to a particular practice or who are navigating the first few years of practice.
Mentorship Families will be matched based on common professional goals and interests. Mentors within the families will include government attorneys, law firm partners, judges, public interest lawyers, and in-house counsel.
- The mentor-mentee relationship commitment is for the 2016 calendar year.
- Mentors and mentees are encouraged to attend KABA events together, including a kickoff event for the mentorship program that will take place on February 20, 2016.
- Participants can be law students or attorneys.
- All mentees must be a KABA member. Membership for Law Students is free.
Application Process and Deadlines:
If you are interested in being involved as a mentor or mentee, submit the attached application by January 31, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject field whether you are applying to be a mentor or a mentee.
Mentorship families will be announced prior to February 20, 2016.
Click HERE for the Mentee Application
Click HERE for the Mentor Application